Voltage Voltage Starving 3 Voltage Voltage Starving 3

I liked it because obviously, my name is Voltage. But I don't really get the plot, or the memes I guess. Nice drawings though.

Pico 2 Pico 2

arguably the best game available on this website

B Reloaded GOTY Edition B Reloaded GOTY Edition

how do ppl even beet da first boss god game tho

Bloody Hell! Bloody Hell!

I actually meant to review this earlier in the day, but I had to leave.

There's something you noted that your work is "very professional" - I would certainly not even consider this something for a casual gamer to try out. The game is clearly "pre-fab" in that everything relies on a simple "on*SoAndSo*" function; and while this is kind of evident in most works using Actionscript, it's just abused here.

I'm not 100% sure where to begin. The starting screen looks like something out of Flash MX with the buttons, and the background just looks very sloppy. Your "Help" button has no difference to "Play," and your "Exit" button doesn't actually do anything.

The "loading" screens are also pre-fab. These are not even actual preloaders it seems, because if you right click and hit "Rewind" the game just completely stops, then right clicking to hit "Play" shows the meters loading. It's the exact same thing when you try to play the game. The loading bars take an insanely long time to actually load even though the player somehow already loaded it previously.

You can also hit the red squares which give a negative score yet still count toward progress. This is like saying Mario getting hit by a Goomba progresses him to the next level. Would it really be engaging for a player to play the game with no consequential result?

Overall this game needs more than an overhaul. It needs to be re-made with a reason + purpose. And unfortunately I disagree that this is a program. This is clearly a game you tried to program using simple Actionscript code because there wouldn't be "levels" otherwise. Getting to the final level can also be done simply by hitting "play" on the right click menu.

So overall I would not suggest this 'game' or 'program' to anyone; I would suggest definitive improvement and learn the real process to making something with the industry-standard level of understanding because this is the kind of work that was done in 2001 before Actionscript even really had any usage besides playback, which you did not even really demonstrate in this 'program.'

Look up tutorials on how to understand collision detection, how to cancel the "right click" menu, and especially on video game basics. If people keep seeing this stuff by you it may pass judgment but it will not earn you many fans.

CRYBORG responds:

Thanks a lot
I'm a mere programmer and a school student of 10th standard
I started working with flash 5 from class 8 and now i'm on CS 5.5
I'm working on all what you've said and i'm soon going to publish a new improved version of it

as far as preloader is concerned, i'm try to crack, how to make web preloaders...
moreover, as I said it was made for PC ,the exit button ain't going to work when played here, you can download the setup from the link and I would love to hear more from you about the game
Thanks again

Diamonds the Horse Demo Diamonds the Horse Demo

Even for a demo, this is a very poor preview. I don't really understand the parody, or why the whole "derp" theme is obviously covering this very glitchy demo. Not only was there no sound (assuming this may or may not be a glitch) but the character also just spins around while moving. It's very distracting. The fact there are no sound effects make it just a lot more unplayable. There are no obstacles, the collision detection is sub-par at best. The discussion with Toilet Pony or whoever also seems totally broken. There are no options, no interesting visuals (though it does look soft), and there aren't even obstacles or enemies. This felt more like an inconvenience than a game demo.

FoxtailBoyd responds:

No there isnt any sound right now, I really need to get on making those. Do you know of any good (and free) programs I can use? :/

Madness: Project Nexus Madness: Project Nexus

Really needs a button for like uber low quality because I couldn't enjoy this perfect game at 1 FPS.

Scale of the Universe 2 Scale of the Universe 2

I could tell you what the size of the universe actually is. It's in my pants right now. :P But no really, this was an interesting watch. We need more flashes with information. Though it definitely needs some work if you make a third or possibly another interactive animation.

Last Green Trinagle Last Green Trinagle

I had fun :P

money magnet definitely needs to bring in the money faster; upgrades should probably cost less, and there should of been a second variant of the squares that took a few more shots to kill and maybe randomized in color? overall it was fun (got top score of 40k) :D

Madness Retaliation Madness Retaliation

this is the longest game I have ever played on NG

this is the best madness game ever made. I say this because it's exactly what Madness can be like with multiple characters. I think the game needs a lot of polishing, but that's what sequels are for, right?

personally there were 4 major concerns that turned me off. one of them being the uselessness of gaining more weapons that you already have that you aren't using anymore; it's a pain getting 2 of the same coat that I had when I started the game off

another one was the repetition of battle. while it wasn't really a problem, it got aggravating, clearing room after room that I already cleared five times before. a possible chance of battle when entering the room of cleared enemies? for instance, the more progress you gain, the less likelihood for enemies spawning

the third issue was that these characters had their perks and all, but CQC x 2, assault, and heavy were pretty limiting (though possibilities were unlimited). the ability to change each characters class or choose classes like that from old RPGs (like choosing a heavy, sniper, assault, scout, CQC, medic, to get an idea) would of been sweet.

my final concern is that the game is good, it feels like there should be an upgrade system of some sort. it's cool the characters upgrade through discovery of powerups (as it makes the player look for stuff), upgrading HP, AP, or damage would be a sweet addition

I have been in the madness community for well over 5 years and I will give you my stamp of approval. I'd also like to offer my animation/graphic services should you want to make a sequel, because I'd like to see one.

I also beat this before the game had any fixes, so my review might be old and void :P

Space Pixel! Space Pixel!

Good work, DG

A sequel? Do tell me more. Are you going to make 5 more too? Make a sixth one, we'll see what might happen...